How to buy
There are a number of ways you can buy through our Utilities and Fuels frameworks. We want to help you find the right approach for your requirements.
A further competition allows you to ask framework suppliers to provide an individual bid for your business. This enables you to get a competitive price that meets your specific needs. You will need to:
- define your requirements
- ask suppliers to respond to these
- evaluate their responses
- award a contract to the successful supplier
For some of our product and service options, known as ‘lots’, you can place a direct order. This is generally for ‘lots’ with only one supplier, though it is sometimes still possible even if there are several suppliers.
You can place a direct order if you:
- know exactly what you want to buy
- can see which supplier provides the lowest price
- do not need to make any amendments to the standard terms and conditions
Bringing together multiple customers with common buying requirements provides many advantages, such as lower prices and a simpler tender process. We offer 2 different bulk buying options:
- eAuctions: to encourage competition amongst suppliers online, in real time, and help reduce the price you pay
- national further competitions: brings customers with similar requirements together, before CCS run a further competition for you
We manage both bulk buying processes free of charge for our customers.
Buying electricity and gas
Buying through our electricity and gas frameworks is slightly different to other products and services. These are all single supplier frameworks through which we aggregate your volume requirements with those of other customers and manage trading on your behalf to deliver value for money.
To sign up to buy through these frameworks, you will need to complete the following documents:
- Customer Access Agreement
- Site Addition Template
- Supply Agreement (Model Contract)
If you are a new customer to our gas or electricity frameworks please contact us to request a copy of the Initial Customer Access Agreement and get started.
For more detail about how to buy through specific frameworks, view the product pages below.